GIVE WASHINGTON HIGH SCHOOL A “HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE”
The outdoor athletic facilities in Sherman Park’s Washington High School are deteriorating and have fallen into disrepair. Help the students at WHS live up to their potential by giving them a safe place to practice, play and build life skills.
We have a goal of raising $500,000 towards this improvement – and every dollar we raise will be MATCHED by Milwaukee Public Schools*.
You can help restore these facilities and continue the legacy of positive change for Purgolders of today – and tomorrow!
WHY WE NEED TO UPGRADE THE FIELD AT WASHINGTON HIGH
The current facilities are unusable
– Girls soccer practice is frequently canceled because the field is flooded
– Track and field athletes can’t use their spikes on the current walkway
– The outdoor basketball equipment hasn’t been replaced in decades
– Every day, track and field athletes are losing an hour of practice time due to travel to other locations
Repairing the field will…
– Allow students to participate in athletics at their own school
– Foster a multi-generational outdoor recreation space for thousands of students and community members
– Increase public safety and send a message that the neighborhood matters
– Continue to foster the Sherman Park neighborhood revitalization Common Ground has created
TIMING IS CRITICAL!
We need to raise $500,000 by December 2018.
*The estimated cost of the project is $1.2 million, Common Ground’s goal is $500k of that.
Common Ground has created a separate trust account to ensure that 100% of the money raised will go toward field renovations.
What did you learn out in the field at Washington High School? Here’s what some said.